Socialism would never have entered the world if its proponents had sought only to excite the enthusiasm of the working classes for a better order of things. What made for the power and authority of the movement was that Marx understood how to interest the workers in a social order which would both benefit them and appear to them as just. It is exactly the same with art. At no point in time, no matter how utopian, will anyone win the masses over to a higher art; they can be won over only to one nearer to them. And the difficulty consists precisely in finding a form for art such that, with the best conscience in the world, one could hold that it is a higher art. This will never happen with most of what is propagated by the avant-garde of the bourgeoisie.
- RT @DingyButt: A game created by @DominicSmith and @pmnogue. Looking towards a new project in 2021 about bees and the urban environment #be… 5 hours ago
- @MinxMarple Hi I can imagine you have found someone by now but I would be interested in future opportunities. dingybutterflies.org 1 week ago
- RT @DingyButt: We are looking forward to running 12 creative workshops over the next few months with 12 Gateshead artists for Gateshead pe… 1 week ago
- @beccaprescott @EmmaCoffield @ZndrP @gateshead @_GT3Architects Congratulations. Look forward to hearing about it 2 weeks ago
- RT @DingyButt: You can view the 10x10 online gallery here. Art created by Gateshead residents with the booklets. Great to see them inspiri… 3 weeks ago
May 2009 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31