I have posted on here for a while as after coming back from Aberdeenshire and working with Deveron Arts over the Summer of 2010, I jumped straight into my PhD at Culture Lab, Newcastle University. My research aims to look into the possibilities of ‘collective action’ within a community through the use of digital media. Working in my own neighbourhood I will investigate the idea of locality and place and the relationships and social interactions that take place between myself, as an artist/curator as well as a neighbour, and the “local community”, and how digital media could act as a catalyst for collective action. For updates please visit my Culture Lab blog.
- RT @etiennelefleur: £2m in Arts Council funding for Emma Rice’s new company is everything that’s wrong with the arts - via @artspro https:/… 1 month ago
- RT @theshipley: A film on Gateshead's history by @TWAMmuseums Live Well prog & @GClubhouse is @theshipley until 15 June, or online: https:/… 3 months ago
- @SUFC_tweets @DSA_Airport #bladesinthesky Palma 5 months ago
- @jujudelores Thank you for inviting me to talk to your MA students about @DingyButt. Was an interesting day. 5 months ago
- RT @DingyButt: Pleasure to present 'Echoes of Bensham', a project by Tom Hewitt. A new soundscape for Bensham. dingybutterflies.org/echoes-of-bens… #Ben… 6 months ago