The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- @bridgetwriting Richmond, whitby, Robins Hood Bay. North Berwick, Coldingham. Not sure if they are all 2 hours away… 1 week ago
- Well do have a parody of government... twitter.com/RosieisaHolt/s… 1 week ago
- @elebelfiore Congratulations, but is it bad that I initially read that as wine and not wins?! 1 month ago
- @DanBall2019 @gem_heritage @TWAMmuseums Adult Health and Well-being programme twmuseums.org.uk/adult-health-a… 1 month ago
- Read our Covid Activity report outlying what we have been up to over the last 18 months twitter.com/DingyButt/stat… 2 months ago
January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31