The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- With my last tweet in mind about @ACAAllenheads Continuum project about space, some graffiti 3 minutes walk from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Off to the launch of @ACAAllenheads Continuum at @culturelabncl . Bound to be a great afternoon. 1 week ago
- https://t.co/AQl0bRnhcu 2 weeks ago
- RT @lucitsa: RIP Susan Hiller, supremely intelligent, fiercely independent original artist - as BALTIC professor with Newcastle she put t… 2 weeks ago
- RT @arestlessart: Books, beautifully printed and hand-collated by @iPrintb1, ready as promised for tonight's launch @CGF_UK Tomorrow print… 1 month ago
February 2019 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28