The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- @LeafyDragon_FPL So shouldn’t the gif say this is Newcastle and Gateshead? 2 weeks ago
- @LeafyDragon_FPL Most of those images are Gateshead. 2 weeks ago
- RT @StudioImagoTW: Exhibition opportunity @ The Bank Gallery, North Shields happyplanetstudio.co.uk/time-on-my-han… @EastStreetArts @arts_NT @NTCouncilTeam… 4 months ago
- RT @DingyButt: Still a few places left on the free online bookmaking workshop with Gateshead artist Pui Lee. Friday 16 April, 11.30-1pm. Ma… 5 months ago
- RT @DingyButt: Join Gateshead artist Pui Lee in a FREE online bookmaking workshop using everyday materials. Friday 16 April, 11.30-1pm. For… 6 months ago
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30