The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @DingyButt: Great talk by @DominicSmith at @theshipley today. Talking about his art practice, influences and the creation of The Keeper,… 1 week ago
- RT @DingyButt: Artist @DominicSmith will be present work from his residency, @theshipley this Sat 10.30-12 about the work with local groups… 2 weeks ago
- RT @DingyButt: Come and see @TobyPhipsLloyd talk about his Gateshead residency @theshipley this Sat 6 October, 10.30-12 and get your hands… 2 weeks ago
- Exclusive! Plans for the opening ceremony of #FestivalOfBrexitBritain and what Theresa May and her cabinet are wear… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @DingyButt: Come and see @TobyPhipsLloyd talk about his residency in Bensham & Saltwell @theshipley on Sat 6 October, 10.30-12. No booki… 3 weeks ago
October 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31