The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @artnotarms: We've just found out the National Festival of Making which offers "engaging arts and cultural activities for families & com… 4 days ago
- RT @StudioImagoTW: GAS Contemporary will be opening a new art gallery in North Shields this coming weekend at Studio Imago's Artist Studio… 2 weeks ago
- Speaking this afternoon @CHWAlliance at @GNM_Hancock @TWAMmuseums about working class cultural identities and museu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- With my last tweet in mind about @ACAAllenheads Continuum project about space, some graffiti 3 minutes walk from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Off to the launch of @ACAAllenheads Continuum at @culturelabncl . Bound to be a great afternoon. 2 months ago
April 2019 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30