The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- @jon_swords @altgetnorth2018 5 days ago
- Freelancers work for @getnorth2018 and get a free lunch, t-shirt and the chance to go to the 2nd half of a pre-seas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Interesting take on the @getnorth2018 . citymetric.com/horizons/great… #gateshead #newcastle 1 week ago
- RT @FHowardNG: Ben Jones @DingyButt drawing on Holloway’s notion of ‘cracks’ in the surface as a way to crack the system: “There is a place… 2 weeks ago
- On my way to @uniofeastanglia to the New Perspectives of Participatory Art conference which I will be speaking at t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
June 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30