The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- Great to be be included in @hannahfestival this year. If you want a copy let me know. The Hannah directory celebrat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @StudioImagoTW: Opening tonight #gascontemporary at #BankStudios @EastStreetArts @NTCouncilTeam @arts_NT @EmmaCoffield #northshields htt… 3 weeks ago
- RT @StudioImagoTW: Great to see how our Wallsend space is used by @ntartstudio, now called @ntas_ii funded by @NTyneCCG Supporting the publ… 3 weeks ago
- @etiennelefleur @simon_procter @ace_national Written for people who have never spoken to another person before outs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- RT @SophiaStovall: And today's #LiveWell symposium has started with a welcome @Iain @Discovery_Mus @TWAMmuseums exploring how #collaboratio… 5 months ago
December 2019 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31