The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- @GMBCouncil I will find out, thank you. Merry Christmas 2 months ago
- @GMBCouncil Or allow residents to grow plants in the gaps now there. 2 months ago
- @GMBCouncil Would it be possible then to not just pave it over but plant new trees or plants to replace the trees cut down 2 months ago
- @GMBCouncil The fact that this was done with no consultation from residents shows how little the Council values the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- RT @GMBCouncil: @Jonathan_Bunn_Gateshead Council gave the go-ahead yesterday to the building of the first new council houses to be designed… 3 months ago
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28