The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @DingyButt: Fancy a sneaky peek inside our #Gateshead10x10 booklet for adults?! Inside there are 10 activities created by Gateshead arti… 3 hours ago
- @DingyButt current project supporting and working with Gateshead residents, local artists and Gateshead Community o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @DingyButt: Our first #meetthemaker feature is live on our Facebook – every Monday we are introducing the Gateshead artists we are worki… 4 weeks ago
- RT @lr_crystallised: This is a fucking thread. 1/21 Over the past 2 weeks, it's been "suggested" to me, by folx in & outside of Tyneside C… 1 month ago
- RT @DingyButt: Delighted to launch our project 10×10 Creative Gateshead; we are busily creating 2 creative booklets to support the well-bei… 1 month ago
August 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31