The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- A talk I have organised at @staithscafebar for Monday Club on the 23 October. Not many places so book quickly! eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-is… 1 week ago
- RT @etiennelefleur: £2m in Arts Council funding for Emma Rice’s new company is everything that’s wrong with the arts - via @artspro https:/… 2 months ago
- RT @theshipley: A film on Gateshead's history by @TWAMmuseums Live Well prog & @GClubhouse is @theshipley until 15 June, or online: https:/… 4 months ago
- @SUFC_tweets @DSA_Airport #bladesinthesky Palma 6 months ago
- @jujudelores Thank you for inviting me to talk to your MA students about @DingyButt. Was an interesting day. 6 months ago
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31