The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @GMBCouncil: @Jonathan_Bunn_Gateshead Council gave the go-ahead yesterday to the building of the first new council houses to be designed… 2 weeks ago
- RT @EleventhA: Anyone know of an empty building to let in Gateshead? Have to move out of Beacon Lough studios with very short notice #gates… 1 month ago
- Please sign it and let’s get the Windmill Hills building back to its former glory. #gateshead #heritage #community change.org/p/gateshead-co… 1 month ago
- A talk I have organised at @staithscafebar for Monday Club on the 23 October. Not many places so book quickly! eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-is… 2 months ago
- RT @etiennelefleur: £2m in Arts Council funding for Emma Rice’s new company is everything that’s wrong with the arts - via @artspro https:/… 4 months ago
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31