The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @DingyButt: A game created by @DominicSmith and @pmnogue. Looking towards a new project in 2021 about bees and the urban environment #be… 1 month ago
- @MinxMarple Hi I can imagine you have found someone by now but I would be interested in future opportunities. dingybutterflies.org 2 months ago
- RT @DingyButt: We are looking forward to running 12 creative workshops over the next few months with 12 Gateshead artists for Gateshead pe… 2 months ago
- @beccaprescott @EmmaCoffield @ZndrP @gateshead @_GT3Architects Congratulations. Look forward to hearing about it 2 months ago
- RT @DingyButt: You can view the 10x10 online gallery here. Art created by Gateshead residents with the booklets. Great to see them inspiri… 2 months ago
January 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31