The North East Photography Network held their annual symposium on Friday May 18th 2012 at the Mining Institute, Newcastle. NEPN aim to ‘create opportunities for the development of new photographic work and for discussion and debate around lens-based practice.’ The symposium explored questions such as, ‘the possibilities for social engagement in shifting cultural contexts; the role of the photographer and the artwork in such processes; new aesthetic strategies and the limits of documentary; the role of new media and changing relationships to audiences.’ Included talks by practitioners, curators and critics, speakers confirmed so far are Bas Vroege from Paradox NL, Pauline Hadaway from Belfast Exposed and David Campbell (independent photography consultant).
- RT @SophiaStovall: And today's #LiveWell symposium has started with a welcome @Iain @Discovery_Mus @TWAMmuseums exploring how #collaboratio… 1 week ago
- RT @SophiaStovall: Great to hear from @TWAMmuseums Benjamin Jones representing #LiveWell at today's Symposium #creativityandwellbeing @CHW… 1 week ago
- RT @ward_esme: Our wonderful “hensioners” ❤️❤️ great reminder of just how joyous Henpower @equal_arts is #LiveWellSymposium https://t.co/fg… 1 week ago
- RT @ward_esme: “Humans are creative occupational beings” Exploring the dynamic balance between doing and being and occupation as a human ri… 1 week ago
- RT @ward_esme: So what’s exciting pre registration nursing workforce? Casualty, Call the midwife, technology, emergency care.. and where do… 1 week ago
June 2019 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30